Drunken Stork
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://drunkenstork.forumotion.com

It is simple. Empty It is simple.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:57 pm
I've been at this compression business for a little while now and it has become abundantly clear that this stuff is pretty much in your head.

The first hurdle and maybe the most difficult one to overcome is simply that your body's just used to expanding.  

So the challenge is to address something that appears to be almost completely autonomic.  You may make the choice to push but how you push seems to be a function of hardware.

But really it's just software.  You can swap it out for a better version.

You have to find a pathway from your hand on the target to the ground and then relax down that path way into the ground.

As far as muscle use goes, use the absolute minimum that you need to maintain position and move about and connect.  That's it.

And it's a pretty good idea to use some of the mental models like spinal elongation or wearing a cape along with cascading and sinking because all this stuff is geared to get you to get the right feeling in your body which is ultimately what you're after if you want to learn how to do this.

Be cautious with any visual constructs that you build especially when you start to combine the mental models because you may lose track of the actual feeling that you looking for.  This is extremely easy to do.
Admin
Admin
https://drunkenstork.forumotion.com

It is simple. Empty Re: It is simple.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:32 am
The first reason I say that it's simple is because it is.  It might seem like a big Theory with a lot of moving parts but really it's just flipping that switch and getting their weight to compress you into the ground.  All the talk is just to get you close enough to make the leap.

Other reason I say it simple is to counter the common assumption that this type of thing is extremely difficult to learn and that it takes a really long time.  

There is no required amount of time to learn this.  What it depends on more than anything is a little perseverance and your mental alacrity.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum